Cobbled together from a mumma Swedish cake recipe video from Cuoredicioccolato and my own mis-experimentation. I tried a few different pans and settled on a muffin tin. I adjusted some of it to US measures. You can swap the marzipan for store-bought. Do not use finely ground cardamom for the topping; the texture is better when it has been ground into tiny chunks instead of powder.
- 12 mini cakes.
- 2,600 calories for the entire batch.
- 216 calories each for a batch of 12.
- 100g almond meal.
- 50g sugar.
- 50g confectioner sugar.
- ½ teaspoon almond extract.
- ½oz egg white.
- 1 stick (8 tablespoon) of butter, room temperature s.
- 6 tablespoon sugar.
- ½ tsp ground cardamom .
- 200g marzipan (from above or pre-made).
- 2 eggs.
- ¾ cup flour .
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seeds.
- 2 tablespoon sugar.
- Blend marzipan ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Roll into log and wrap in plastic wrap, then chill for 1 hour.
- Beat butter with sugar, cardamom, and marzipan (use cheese shredder).
- Add eggs and beat.
- Fold in flour and baking powder.
- Spoon into muffin tins or whatever you want to try.
- Bake for 20–22 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
- Grind cardamom seeds and mix with sugar.
- Roll cakes in cardamom sugar mix while still warm.
I was trying to recreate these big & little mumma I had in Sweden. The first photo I took in Grillska Huset in Gamla Stan, Stockholm. The second photo shows my efforts with a petite popover pan. It was not big enough for the whole recipe. Good outcome, but I did not repeat it.